Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hello my fellow INST 6031 collegial classmates, thanks for visiting my blog. 
I am blogging about blogging in this post. I honestly have often thought of blogging because I seem to have a lot of thoughts but not many ears to listen to me! I read many articles and books about education, history, and social movements and realize that technology has opened up the way for me to have instant and current access to both professional and personal media. This course and unit has been fairly challenging. Yet, if Grad. School doesn't kill me, I guess it makes me stronger.
My views of the various components in this Unit:

  • Blogging: Not as hard as I thought it would be, actually fun and pretty easy to navigate. I would like to learn how to add buttons, links, bread crumbs, loops, and other in blog apps in the future
  • Video Meeting: I wasn't able to conference with my group but learned how to use Zoom. I can see this a pretty useful tool in the future to use with fellow colleagues and possibly to provide lessons for the students to view at home in either a flipped or blended lesson format or as a review opportunity. Here's the link to the awkward YouTube Video I created
  • Horizons Report: These are dense and meaty but relevant and useful for the implementation of technology in the classroom. I personally liked the "wicked" level the authors created as challenges to the implementation of technology in the classroom.
  • ISTE Standards: Although these are meant to address technology needs within education these standards should be kept and met at all times within the classroom as a teacher and as goals for the students. 
Please click on my Profile to get to know me a little better. 



3 comments:

  1. You will have to play around a bit to get the hang of formatting your articles. I have spent more time arranging than writing in this course. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise
    I love your blog, especially the Ode to Wix Website, it made me smile. I am sure you will enjoy playing around with the Wix and blogger programs as you spend more time learning it. I know I am always trying to find ways to change mine. Great Job on your blog.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have gotten a good feel the various technologies that we are using in this class. Good luck with the rest of the course!

    ReplyDelete