Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ode to the Wix Website!

So I decided to blog a little about the Final Product Project assignment. I have always wanted to create a web page that would serve as a place for my students and their parent to be able to know what's going on in our class, upcoming events, the class syllabus and classwork calender.
In my future website I would like to include
:


  • A calender
  • Communications form for direct email
  • A student of the week page
  • Announcements section
  • Unit Page with assignments readings, videos, projects, and links for deeper learning
  • Test review page with games, quizzes, and open ended questions
  • Personal Teacher Page
  • Rubrics and ideas for projects
  • Links to student tools such as bubble maps, blogs, how to websites, storyboards, etc.
This is the link to my current Wix Page that will eventually be converted to my classroom page. Please let me know what you think. Thanks so much 

5 comments:

  1. Dennise...I love your blog and how you are sharing your plans for developing your website. Also, you have a great way of communicating with your audience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennise,

    Your classroom website will be a vital tool for students and parents. I love how they can access countless resources from home. My favorite component is the Student of the Week. You know how to engage and personalize your website to keep students/parents visiting. I am certain you will build strong relationships in and outside of the classroom.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an 8th grade language arts teacher who will be building her first classroom website. Thank you for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that you are doing this and making it easier for the parents engage their children in their education. This medium of communication was not available when I went to school but as a new parent I look forward to use this in my daughter's education. Armando Barros

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the class website is just one more way to keep parents and students informed.- which is a good thing! I like how in depth. Your website will be it's a complete resource! I believe students and parents will really appreciate it and utilize it - especially if they're taught how to use it and held accountable! My name is Lauren Delhomme and I am an 8th grade science teacher.

    ReplyDelete